"Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day."
President Thomas S. Monson

Nov 6, 2008

President Barrack Obama


As you all know...I did not vote for Obama. In fact I feared that he would win, while knowing full well he probably would. On Tuesday evening he did win, as we all know now. So I have these comments to make.
We cannot change the facts. We cannot change the presidency. All that we can do is have Hope for Obama. Hope that his promises were real. Hope that the agendas we did not agree with, might not turn out the way we disagreed with them. Hope that the fact that all the people that believe in him and have faith in him are right. I sincerely hope that Obama will help our economic status, and the world's view of us. Mostly, I hope that the bitterness over his win will disappear. We have to be responsible not to exacerbate the racist comments, and not forward the racist videos. Even if they sometimes appear funny...it is important to not perpetuate the evil that so many have fought against since the foundation of slavery. It is important that we believe in our President, and support our future. But most of all...it is important for us to Hope for a better day after all the dust has cleared, and the greed that has overrun our economy settles to a natural desire for everyone's needs to be met adequately.
Lets have more faith than fear.
Beth

2 comments:

Col said...

I totally agree with you. It is time that we move on and unite as Americans.

Thank you for this post.

Anonymous said...

I really hope that I am pleasantly surprised by him also!
Jocelyn