"Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day."
President Thomas S. Monson

Feb 15, 2009

My 1st 1/2 Mararthon

Finishing the Race

Me, Carrie, & Crystal

Starting Line

My very 1st 1/2 Marathon was the Lost Dutchman Marathon in Apache Junction, AZ on February 15th. I was extremely nervous so much so, the first 3 miles made me feel like I wouldn't finish the race. My goal time was 4:00 hours or 4:15 at the worst. Carrie pushed me hard though, and by the time we got 1/2 way, there was no doubt that we would finish and we could finish strong. I am so happy that I was able to do this. I am impressed with my time 3:30:56 (official gun time). I can hardly wait to do another. This is what it is all about for me, to see these successes through the races that I do, that is what keeps me moving on my goal to a healthier me.



4 comments:

Deanna said...

Congrats! So proud of you...and about time you updated your blog.

Shayla Taylor said...

Awesome! I admire your strength and dedication. Glad you updated your blog!:)

Betsy said...

Good for you Beth!!! You're looking gooooooood!!!

Jen Shafer said...

You're awesome Beth! Hey, just to let you know we made our blog private so give us your email so we can invite you.