Yesterday we celebrated our 9th anniversary! It might not seem like much to most, but it feels monumental to me. We celebrated by eating dinner at the Olive Garden, the same place we ate the night we married. Afterwards we ate cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. That is when the fun really started. We drove to Fiddlestix and hit 40 balls each at the Batting Cages, then we played Goofy Golf (another newlywed activity we enjoyed back in the day).
Of course we are not in nearly the same shape as in 1999. It was mad fun trying though. Crazy as I am, I stared both of us out at the fast pitch (80 mph) baseball. I actually hit 3 of them, but lets just say it was less than graceful. And having all of those balls flying at me was just SCARY!!Kyle hit 2, and admits he could not even see the balls flying. After fast pitch we went to slow pitch softball. MUCH EASIER! Both of us hit a few home runs, but the best part was, We didn't have to run the bases! At goofy golf Kyle beat me by hmm, I can't quite remember, was it 2 or 12 strokes. =) Oh well. I can be humble. But let me remind him that I kicked his butt 7 months pregnant at Basketball in front of most of his co-workers! I am awesome!!!, wait, maybe that isn't quite as humble as I thought. OH well.
So obviously this picture is of us that night, and honestly, I was not gonna hit him with the bat, I was just posing. You see, I didn't realize he was going to kick my trash at Goofy Golf just yet.




1 comment:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We're glad you guys had fun!! Sometimes we forget how to play together--out in public that is! Jed and I want to go to the batting cages too! You're such an inspiration!! ;)
Post a Comment